Data protection and privacy
The increasingly complex regulation of the processing and use of personal data, together with the importance of the information to the competitiveness of companies, has led to privacy and data protection becoming a field with a direct impact on business development.
az has been at the forefront in Chile in terms of counsel and support on these issues, including due diligence processes for multinational companies, privacy impact assessment for new services, creation of privacy policies, verification of the legality of database use, and information processing for startup companies, among others.
Our team has professionals certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), as well as in agile methodologies, being recognized in these matters by important national and international rankings, such as Legal 500, Leaders League, and Leading Lawyers.
• Audits and data mapping
• Compliance in data processing according to each industry
• Creation and adaptation of Binding Corporate Rules (BCR)
• Creation of infringement prevention programs
• Creation and adaptation of privacy policies
• Data Protection Officer (DPO) as a service
• Contracting in transfer of personal data
• Due diligence of databases in mergers and acquisitions processes
• Training in protection of personal data
• Litigation associated with the use of personal data
• Privacy impact assessments of new products and services
• Review of legality in the use of databases
az Tech Director
+(56 2) 2 445 6037
+ Return to practice areas